Digital factory for individualized mass products
The goal of the Specialist course
Production of an individualized product based on a mass-produced article. Customer access to the product specification. The production control, customized based on a cloud application.
At the end of the successfully completed modules (I-V), the students should have understood and implemented the digitized processes in the production of an individualized mass-produced product. Here, the example "Labeling of a ruler (see figures)" or "Shape design of a spinner" as a project task can be exemplified.
means a narrative scenario which is presented in an authentic situation.
means the development of the concrete tasks, the work plan, (international) division of work, ways of collaboration
means a multidisciplinary or multinational problem solving, implementation of the tasks
means an assessment of training success
means a meta-cognitive self-reflection and evaluation of the learning process
Content / Material
Introduction of the learning situation:
In the context of Industry 4.0, students have learned that customers are increasingly looking for products that are mass-produced but are increasingly tailored to their customers. The customer wants to influence some aspects of his personal product. The data generated during the design are printed in further steps as a prototype and finally produced on a CNC machine. In addition, the data can be used by different analysis systems.
Develop on the basis of these questions an appropriate scenario.
The students become familiar with the CAD system used. They organize working groups and decide on the product to be developed. You create the first designs with CAD They evaluate their designs and decide which parameters should be variable. The students construct their first models
1. Discuss/guide the planning of the working process, including possibilities work division and cooperation.
2. Discuss/explain the expected results and how (format, plans, devices, etc.) they have to be delivered. > so that the student knows what to do during the working process/problem solving phase Add the necessary materials in the content slider.
The students work on individual workplaces with the CAD program (e.g. solid edge) running under Microsoft Windows. You learn how to create, save and edit data. They generate technical documents and evaluate them. There are different variants of tested and optimal solutions developed. The students will be instructed in the operation of various machines:
• PC and printer
• 3D FDM printer
Great emphasis is placed on safety at work
Check the functionality on the rapid prototyping part Presentation of results:
- Technical Documentation
- Simulation of CNC programs
- Process and time management
- Generic request
Setting/documentation of the reflection of e.g. > the students’ working process (time management, achievements of objectives, etc.) > the working results of the students (information, quality, actuality of learning products) Add the necessary materials and tools in the content slider.
How to use it
Video “The digital factory”
Discussion about aspects and opportunities of I4.0
Information about CAD/CAM/Cxx -sytems
Introduction to the techniques of 3D construction Edit various exercises:
- CAD Computer Aided Design
- CAM Computer Aided Manufacturing
- CNC Computer Numeric Control
- RP Discussion about timelines Information and support through videos from the Internet.
Benefits of the integrated learning program. Support by trainers for individual problems.
* PC workstation with printer
- 3D CAD program:
- Solid Edge, Inventor, Fusion 360
- CNC simulator / machine
- 3D printer
- Stratasys, Ultimaker, Renkforce ...
- Processing the given exercises
- Use of the integrated learning program
- Discussion in the working group on alternative approaches.
- Films and user forums on the Internet
Generating data for the 3d printer in ".stl" format. Transfer the data to the 3D printer and generate the prototype. Derive and print drawings Benefit of the internal simulation of the CNC program.